Equipment - Software
WarLinux - "The bootable wardriving linux distribution"
- View All Files on Sourceforge.
- Airsnort will carry out the WEP cracking vulnerability test.
- Airtraf for linux, works with all but Lucent.
- AP-Status - Perl Code to get status from an Apple Airport
- E-Wireless - Enlightenment Wireless strength monitoring epplet
- GPS::Garmin is a Perl module that you will need to use Pete's code
- A great list of links and software from Guerrilla.net in Boston.
- Gwireless - Gnome Wireless strength monitoring applet
- Kismet is a Linux wireless network sniffer, works with libpcap and Wlan-NG.
- Pete Shipley's Code can be found here and his post about it is here.
- Two scripts written by firstname.lastname@example.org, which he used to map Ann Arbor, MI
- A great collection of Wireless Sniffers over at Personal Telco.
- Wirestat an X strength monitoring app, also watches dropped packets.
- Wvlanmon another strength monitoring applet for X
- Prismdump - Program to put prism2 cards into "monitor" mode, lets you sniff raw 802.11 frames, for cracking WEP.
- Prismdstumbler is linux / gtk app that uses prism cards in monitor mode.
- Radiate is 802.11 frame capturing, creation and injection.
- THC-WarDrive THC-WarDrive is a tool for mapping your city for wavelan networks with a GPS device while you are driving a car or walking through the streets.
- Wavemon is an ncurses-based app for drivers supported by wireless extensions (iwconfig)
- Wellenreiter is a gtkperl sniffing program for Prism2 chipsets.
- Bsd-airtools "provides a complete toolset for wireless 802.11b auditing". Site has other great stuff too.
- Airosniff for OpenBSD and cisco aironet cards. - link dead, anyone have a copy ?
- Aerosol works with windows and prism2 chipsets.Works with some USB adapters as well.
- ApSniff is windows program for Prism2 chipsets (Dlink 650 / Linksys WPC11) and Windows 2000.
- Netstumbler does it all if you have Orinco/Lucent cards and Windows 2000/ME.
- Wlan-expert is a site survey tool, prism2.
- Pong.exe (german)
- APTools, a new tool in rogue access point detection. By vacuum of technotronic.com.
- Link Ferret
- KisMAC first Mac OSX sniffer that works in monitor mode.
- Airport - is a command line tool for OSx.
- AP Scanner - link broken, anyone have a copy ?
- MacStumbler - a great wardriving ap for the mac.
- iStumbler, is a utility for finding local wireless networks and services.
- Mognet is a java 802.11b sniffer/analyzer, works on Ipaq. -contributed by author.
DOS Win 95/98
- THC-Scan works in DOS and Windows. Only from THC!