|November 2003 News
November 24 2003
November 23 2003
November 14 2003
- "Stealing Internet, or War Driving as it is sometimes called, is becoming more and more common among perverts trying to avoid online detection." Other than the sick guy the perverted thing in this story is their definition of wardriving. I mailed the editor, maybe you will too.
- This guy wasn't wardriving, he was stealing WiFi to commmit a serious crime, stupid press. prepare to be pissed.--> Edmonton Sun,
More at P2PNet and discussion on Slashdot
- More on the Lowes Hackers from Michigan. Security Focus and Original Story
November 13 2003
November 11 2003
November 6 2003
- Mike Wendlend of the Detroit Free Press thinks "all that information is like giving a green light to the bad guys." (talking about michiganwireless.org's AP database and wardriving/wireless information.)
- Back to the technology as a tool or weapon discussion...
- Note: I have revised my Wardriving definition, removing the word 'unsecured' because, we want to find the 'secured' networks too right?
- Local root BoF in iwconfig, Proof of concept code by heka and RedHat 9.0 code by Knight420
November 5 2003
November 3 2003
- Just a hosting mishap. I had an unlucky weekend involving computers, this seemed to top it off as a weekend to do something else. Be back soon.
Copyright 2001-2004. Wardriving.com - All images and trademarks are those of their respective owners.Read Disclaimer
"It's like the old days of war dialing,
The new wireless vulnerabilities are even worse than the old methods."
--Kevin Mitnick relating war dialing to war driving at RSA conference.