|October 2002 News
October 31 2002
...yes I am still here, had a hektik week.
So it's halloween, here's the treats.
- The Wi-fi Alliance released new wifi security guidelines, over at InfoWorld (/.)
- Get your "Wardriving is not a crime" T-shirts, and now babydoll size...;)
- Wireless: Wide open to attack, over at ZDnet
- Hackers not caring about WiFi? SNP story on NewsFactor
- Wireless LAN, time to take some action. at ItWeb
- Lockup Linksys WET11 wireless bridges, Bugtraq
- WECA is looking to replace WEP, on InfoWorld
- State of the Wireless Nation, on the BBCnews
- WorldWide WarDrive, as told by Wired, and InfoWorld and PC Advisor and Yahoo
- Are we in the Golden Age of hacking?, IDG seems to think so.
- Look for T-Mobile Wifi at Airports, like when you are not getting a cavity search..
- El Nino Security, in German.
October 24 2002
October 23 2002
October 22 2002
- A new version of aerosol came out last Friday. Thats another Windows wardriving program.
October 20 2002
- Some new software for Windows users, Boingo has free sniff software that helps you "manage" wireless connections, looks decent and easy to use. Note: Boingo is a subscription service, but the software is free, not very detailed for wardrivers, but it might work with cards that netstumbler does not. Another option.
- New software to track and triangulate 802.11 signals. (/.)
October 17 2002
October 13 2002
- The second annual Worldwide WarDrive is coming up! Oct 26 - Nov 2, check the page for details, organizers, places, etc. I'll be at the Boston one.
- We have our own vocabulary.
- A very detailed rundown of security, protocols, and more reading....with a Cisco edge.
- HostAP, drivers for Intersil Prism 2/2.5/3 ( will be in WarLinux 0.6, in the works.)
- Wartrapping, the latest war-jargon entry. (wireless honeypots)
October 7 2002
- I am working on a new ver of warlinux, with a new kismet, other little things, but currently the development machine is cracking wep on my AP with airsnort I am listening to the requests for X, ethereal, and airsnort. I need to figure out how to get X working on any laptop chipset. Suggestions appreciated.
- Warchalking Brasil - vive o wifi!
- New version (1.6) of Wellenreiter has been released.